Monday, July 17, 2006

What Am I Thinking?

Sometimes like earlier this evening, I think to myself how can I just go on living like nothing has happened??? The fact is I am not the person I was before. And my husband will tell anyone he misses the old me.

I am now busy finishing nursing school and planning the celebration that will follow. How in the world am I to plan a celebration during the darkest moments of my life???? It may end up not being much of a celebration, but at least I'll mark the occassion with a few family and friends.

I called the detective a few minutes ago. I think he is a bit agitated with me. He asked me, "What do you expect me to get done in 8 hours?" (I last talked to him Thursday or Friday afternoon.) Well, for starters catch my mother's killer(s). I don't like calling him anymore than he likes me calling. But I am dedicated to staying on him until the job is completed, meaning the killer is captured. I know the Macon Police Detective Bureau is overworked, but I think finding one or more murderers should take priority.

I know it has almost been 4 months since her body was found, but the realization is really beginning to set in now.


This picture of me and her was taken at my aunt's wedding in 1991. My how we (I) have changed . . .

No comments: