Saturday, September 30, 2006

Anniversary

I never thought getting through the 6-month anniversary of my mom's death would be easy, but I did not imagine how difficult is would be either. Thursday or Friday (still have no confirmed date of death) marked that day for me and my family. I felt such a loss, almost as if there was an actual hole in my heart.

I tried (and continue to try) not to dwell on the unanswered questions, but to focus on those that are resolved. I trust the detectives to do their job and identify the killer. I am not fooling myself by thinking that will make any of this experience any easier or less painful, I am just hoping for an answer or two. Eventhough I have to accept reality that I may never get an answer.

I talked with the detective today. I felt I could not let the day pass without letting him know the significance and importance of this anniversary to me. He was reassuring and very kind to me. I understand he and the department have a lot they are responsible for, but I need them to remember my mom's murderer(s) is still out there somewhere. . .

Today marks six months ago that my mother's body was lying in her apartment, having had life so cruelly snatched from her. I ask you who knew her to pause for a bit and remember good times and laughter you shared with her. Remember her smile and her giving attitude.

No comments: