Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I really wish I had an update to post, but I do not. I am told we are still waiting on results from the crime lab. I do not understand the delay. The reasoning I am given is that evidence from my mom's murder will be processed in order, that it has to get in line behind the other murders with evidence to be processed. Does our state really have that many new unsolved murder cases that need evidence processed? I have to wonder. Every official I ask 'hem-haws' around the question and I don't believe I have gotten a real answer yet.

On the local news there have been reports of the decreased crime rates of Macon and Bibb County for 2006. I have seen those stories with a picture of my mom's apartment door with police tape across it accompanying the story. Those stories and statistics provide no comfort to me.

My husband tells me to start "turning up the heat" on the detectives and Macon PD. Sounds like a good idea to me, but I have no clue as to how to even begin doing that. Any suggestions?

No comments: