Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I think I was a Junior in high school when this was taken.

I am taking a few moments to vent here . . . . I am so frustrated and aggravated. A while back I contacted Sonny Perdue (Georgia's governor) for help in getting the DNA evidence processed. I hoped maybe he would help me since I live in his hometown. He responded and provided me with contact information for the GBI. I was excited that he would respond. That was followed by a great sense of defeat when I called the number he provided to the GBI and it was not correct.

I call the detectives every week. Most weeks I am told the same thing I have heard time and again. I am concerned that they have all their eggs in one basket, relying only on DNA. What happens if the crime lab is not able to make an identification using the DNA? Or what if there is not sufficient DNA to be tested? I cannot imagine.

I have sent a few emails to Nancy Grace of CNN and have had no response. Maybe my logic is faulty, but I believe if my mom's case could get more media attention the detectives would sense some urgency.

If anyone reading this has any other ideas as to who I could contact or where I could get more information, I welcome your comments or emails.

I ask for you to continue to pray for me and my family.

No comments: