Sunday, June 25, 2006


This picture is of me and mom at my high school graduation in 1995. I believe we were both so proud of that moment; it was a milestone we shared together.

This blog has been therapeutic for me. I have committed myself to one posting each day. At times the pain still continues to be so bad that I feel I cannot breathe. By looking through pictures to post, I am able to escape, at least momentarily, that dark place filled with unanswered questions and regrets and grief.

Many people seem not to know what to say or how to react to me. I'm still the same person. There are times when there is nothing else I would rather talk about and others when the last thing in the world I want to talk about is this crime. I am so tired of being the girl whose mother was murdered. Sometimes I feel like a sign is hanging above my head stating as much.

To those of you who I have said the same thing over and over or told a story to again and again, thank you for being patient with me and listening. This burden is so heavy to bear, friends and family have helped more than I can express.

1 comment:

Jody said...

You look so young there.