Monday, August 28, 2006

The new video I have posted was sent to me by a dear friend. I believe she first heard it on her way home after my mom's funeral. I think it is an excellent song and appropriate for what life has been for the last few months.

I was finally able to talk to the detective today. Nothing new from him. He is waiting on results from the recent DNA samples he sent to the Crime Lab. Wonder how long that wait will be? Days? Weeks? Months? A year, or more?

I planned a meeting with the detective this week. My husband is going with me for support. Hopefully I will know more after then; I know I will have at least one question answered (I will post more on that after I go). I am anticipating a very difficult meeting emotionally, but I feel I am as ready for it as I can be.

I ask you to continue to remember me and my family in your prayers. Even though I have more good days than I did a few months ago, the hard days still bring me to my knees at times. I think my mind has grown accostomed to the thoughts and concept of what happened, but my heart still hurts so much.

I have finally achieved one of my lifelong dreams, becoming a nurse. . . something I have wanted to do since I was 4 years old! I know my mom would be so proud of me. I am saddened that she is not here to share in this experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear the update from the meeting with the detective...although I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult such a meeting would be. I am praying the DNA results come back sooner rather than later.

The song I had heard a handful of times before the funeral, but two days before the funeral, it came on the radio again, and the lyrics really hit home and made me think about your dear mom, my "Ms Carol." It was all I could do to pull over and listen through the tears, and know that we are being held through this difficult time. And, know we are not alone. Many hugs~